Qi charging : it just works

I bought Samsung S4 Active last spring and I didn't do my homework properly. S4 Active does not have any official Qi charging covers.

So i had to go unofficial. It is possible to insert Qi tag inside S4 Active's backcover but the tag needs to be very thin and at the same time you loose some of its water tightness. And if you loose only some of it, you loose all of it. It is not water tight anymore.So, it's you choice...

This one is slim enough to fit inside S4 Active:
S4 SlimPWRcard

It seems Qi market is still small. I had to order some parts from Germany, some from USA and some from Korea.

As a home charging station I bought LG WCP-400. It took some time to find a dealer because nobody in Europe didn't have it anymore and I had to order that one from USA and not all dealer's deliver to Europe.


I basically ordered this one for nice design and it's easy to read your phone's screen when it's tilted.

For car there was not a lot of choices. LG has a smart phone holder SMART FIT2 (TCD-C800P) for car that can be installed with charging station LG WCP-300.


In the picture above the smart phone holder has a white LG WCP-300 inserted inside. The car mount I had to order via Ebay from Korea.

Of course it was difficult to find original LG WCP-300 also so I had to order a china-copy, actually two. There's a lot of them in Amazon and I think they are all from the same factory. They fit nicely inside the car mount.

Because smart phone's of today need daily dose of electricity using wireless charging removes all that inconvenience. You just place the phone into it's stand and it starts charging.

Comments