MoveWindows: Restoring all windows to primary display

This is just a quick hack. There is some kind of bug in AMD drivers or maybe in Win7. When my LG 34UM95-P goes to standby, some of my windows go off-screen on the right side of my display.

I can recover some of my windows back with Move-command but in the long run it is easier just to write program that does the same. First I tried to do this with Powershell but with it seems to be easier to do with Python because it's easy to get right modules.

The script ( and program)  restores all windows that are outside the primary display back to display. I haven't tested it yet with multiple displays and I'm quite sure it doesn't work. I only need this right now for one display.

If script is run without parameters, it only executes once. If it run with a parameter, the script loops indefinitely and the parameter is the delay between loops in seconds.


The source code for my scripts is in GitHub
https://github.com/MarkoMarjamaa/MoveWindows

Executable:
https://github.com/MarkoMarjamaa/MoveWindows/releases/download/v1.0/MoveWindows.exe

Comments